Simulation of the Seismic Performance of Nonstructural Systems
About this project
NSF awarded a $3.6 million grant to the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) to study the Seismic Performance of Ceiling-Piping-Partition Nonstructural Systems. This large-scale project was conducted at the NEES equipment sites at both UNR and the University at Buffalo-SUNY with CUREE providing management, contracting, education and outreach services (which included print and video documentation, as well as setting up the main project website.)
Research reports produced from this project are available here and through the University at Buffalo - Multidisciplinary Center for Earthquake Engineering Research (MCEER) Library.
- Prof. E. Manos Maragakis (PI), Project Manager
- Prof. André Filiatrault (Co-PI), Experimental Studies
- Prof. Tara Hutchinson (Co-PI), Simulation and Visualization
- Prof. Steven French (Co-PI), Public Policy
- William T. Holmes, S.E. (Co-PI), Professional Practice
Note: This project website is no longer active.